Kailash Manasarovar Journey - Trip to Kailash Manasarovar via Kathmandu Lhasa!
Kailash Manasarovar journey, the holiest pilgrimage tour starts from Kathmandu with an hour breathtaking flight over Mt Everest to Lhasa, the capital city of Tibet. After two weeks of adventure experience in Tibet the journey ends in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal.
Sacred Mt. Kailash and Lake Manasrovar stands highly in a remote south-west spot of Tibet, miraculously symmetrical 22,028 foot striated pyramid with a diagonal gash on one of its faces, It has been explained as 'compel, dome-shaped peak, rising above a desolately beautiful 13,000 ft. plateau of rainbow-colored rocks'. Kailash is called the Precious Mountain in Tibet. It is believed that poet-yogi, Milarepa (11th Century,) was the only person to have set foot on its peak, and he achieve the feat by flying there.
"9-storey Swastika" because on the south face of Kailash can be seen a swastika. The 6,714 meters peak is believed to be the real home of Lord Shiva, for Hindu people it is also the highest blessing to take Darshan of the mountain -to be in its presence; to be seen by and to see it.
Mount Kailash is the worldly appearance of Mt. Sumeru or Meru, as it is also known. Sumeru is thought to be the axis of the universe. The trip to Mt. Kailash & Lake Manasrovar is significant pilgrimage for millions of Hindus & Buddhists, in addition to Jains and also to Bonpos. It is thought that one circuit of the holy Mt. Kailash (54 km/32-mile) is sufficient to wipe out all the sins of your lifetime. Wiping out all the sins of your lifetimes is a much bigger task; that major sin clean-up requires 108 revolutions. Bathing in the icy sapphire waters of Lake Manasarovar at the mountain's base is said to remove the sins of innumerable lifetimes.
While we focus of this tour is Mount Kailash in Tibet, the trip through Nepal’s border with Tibet at Zhangmu, Saga and Dongba, Manasarovar to Darchen is ethnically and scenically rewarding.
Lhasa known as the highest cities in the world and capital city of Tibet is above 3,650 meters located in the banks of the Lhasa River. The glorious city of Lhasa is now a combine of traditional Tibetan culture and modern cyber civilization.
Mt. Kailash & Lake Manasrovar holy journey via Lhasa – itinerary
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport, warm reception and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing of Kathmandu valley including world heritage sites.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa.
Day 04: Sightseeing tour in Lhasa.
Day 05: Sightseeing tour in Lhasa.
Day 06: Drive to Shigatse via Gyantse.
Day 07: Drive to Lhatse.
Day 08: Drive to Saga.
Day 09: Drive to Dongba.
Day 10: Drive to Mansarovar.
Day 11: Parikrama of Mansarovar by Jeep & Drive to Darchen.
Day 12: Excursion to Sherlung Monastery and Nandi Parbat, Return to Darchen.
Day 13: Trek to Diraphuk.
Day 14: Cross Dolma la pass, trek to Lamchu Valley.
Day 15: End Kora and drive to Paryang.
Day 16: Drive to Nyalam.
Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 18: Rest day at Kathmandu, evening join the dinner with cultural show.
Day 19: Transfer to airport, final departure.
- Arrival, departure transfers and sightseeing tour in Kathmandu as per the program.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu for 3 nights on bed and breakfast basis.
- Accommodation in the guesthouses in Tibet at Saga, Dongba, Manasarovar, Darchen, Nyalam and tented camp while doing Kora (trekking around mt. Kailash). And best available hotels or guest houses before Saga.
- All transfers and sightseeing tours in Tibet by Toyota Land Cruisers 4500 model (maximum 4 pax in each)
- English and Hindi speaking Nepalese guide, English speaking Chinese guide, Nepalese sherpa`s.
- In Nepal, Kathmandu / Kodari / Kathmandu by coach, Kodari/Kailash Manasarovar/Kodari by Toyota Land Cruisers.
- Sleeping bag, Duffle bag (big bag for keeping personal clothes and equipments), Down jacket
- All vegetarian meals Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner prepared by experience cook.
- Services of sardar, cook, kitchen boys and camping helpers (accompanying the group).
- Oxygen bottle in each jeep.
- Gemow bag (life saving bag at high altitude) and basic First-Aid box.
- Satellite phone
- Tibet visa fee and permit fee for Kailash and Manasarovar .
- Yaks and Yak-men to carry baggage, food, fuel etc while making parikrama of Mt. Kailash.
Trip Not Includes
- Extra cost of transportation, porterage etc involved due to landslides, snowfall, political and natural disturbances and any other unforeseen conditions.
- Extra cost of accommodation and meals in Kathmandu for staying more than 3 nights as per the program to match the flight schedule or for any other reasons
- Expenses of personal nature such as insurance, beverage, telephone calls, tips etc.
- Charges of pony or yak and driver if required to ride on for Kailash parikrama
- International/ Domestic flight ticket.
- Rescue and emergency cost, medical and hospital expenses (incase sick on the way kailash yatra)
The trip cost will vary depending on the number of person in your group, trip duration and standard of services required. Please contact us or send us a quick inquiry with your details to obtain a quote.
Notic: The above information is just a guide and standard pattern of what we provide. The trip can be tailored at your request to accommodate your specific requirements. On adventure trips of this type, weather, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond our control can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are needed the person in charge will make a decision what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group. Where a change does arise, we do everything we can to reduce its effect, but we cannot be liable for the results of changes or delays.